Sunday, July 19, 2009

Smile

Along Snider Road just north of Fields-Ertel there is something new this year. What in previous years had been just another soy bean field is planted in sunflowers.

I pass this field on my way to somewhere several times a week. For the past month the flowers have been in bloom. Every time I have passed the field, there has been someone standing at its edge looking at the field of sunflowers.

Most of the time people are also taking pictures of the sunflowers. People standing along Snider Road with a camera taking a picture of a field. I have also seen people on top of ladders taking photos from above, I have seen more than one couple just inside the first row kissing while having their picture taken, and entire families surrounded by sunflowers being photographed.

It makes me smile to see people made so happy by a field of sunflowers. I have seen sunflowers before but this is the first time have have witnessed such a fuss around the flowers.

Does anyone know why?

No comments:

Post a Comment